Friday, September 4, 2009

Flats

I remember back in high school in the 60s - all the girls wore cute "flats" on their feet. Red ones, blue ones, yellow and white ones...any color you wanted. Flats were the rage. Flats are back.

A few of the women in my office wear the cutest flats. I think they finish an outfit...they make a statement, "I'm in style!" "I can be professional."

I have a hammer toe and have never really thought I could wear any shoe that covered my toe. I bought some new slacks and thought to myself, "I can't wear Birkenstalks with these...they don't look professional."

I struck out to find a pair of flats whose leather was so soft that being over my toe would not be a problem. I found 3 pair at Nordstrom Rack...1 pair I bought because I really could see the "deal" and the brand name was one I'd heard that had style and comfort. Imagine...both style and comfort at the same time...almost unheard of in the shoe world.

I wore flats to work all week...today on the way home from work I noticed my ankles were throbbing in pain. At first I couldn't figure out why...now I know...flats at my age are not a good idea. No support what-so-ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment