Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday morning laundry

God, I really don't like having to pay $1.25 per load of laundry...I guess I'm from the "old school" because I still separate the colors rather than jamming everything into one washing machine...so there are some Sunday mornings when I have to do about 5 loads of wash. Lessee- that's 5x1.25 which equals $6.25 to wash then there is a $1.00 charge per load of drying. I usuall use all three dryers which totals $3.00. So each week I potentially spend almost $10 doing laundry. Ahhh...for the days of owning my own washer and dryer.

By the way - there are only THREE washers and dryers in the laundry room. There are at least 70 people living in this building ... uhhhh...we need more washing machines and dryers here. I have had to stagger doing laundry over 5 hours time...I hate doing that. I want to wash my clothes, towels and sheets all at the same time. The laundry rooms are only open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. - when I do my wash on Sundays I arrive at 7:45...I don't care - I want all three machines right away...I don't want to have to wait or stagger my washing. I'm sorry if I'm waking up the people who live right above the laundry room...I need to get my stuff done and get on with my Sunday activities. In that respect I'm a rule breaker. Oh well.

There are some people living in my apartment community who are in commercial diving school - what does that have to do with laundry? I notice the big sinks in which all the water from the washers seems to go...they have a layer of sand in them...probably from the diver's wet suits? Do they wash wet suits?

Sometimes the washing machines are just gross...I once took cleaning materials to the laundry room and actually cleaned the washing machines myself because I was grossed out thinking about putting my clothes in the filthy washing machines. I only did that once and now when I go down to that laundry room and the washing machines look gross I just turn a blind eye, fill them up with my laundry and hope to GOD my clothes don't get ruined. Seems there should be laundry class people should take when they move into an apartment ... it should be called Laundry Manners. People can be such slobs.

Folding laundry is a pain - at least there is a nice big table in the laundry room on which to do the folding. That is a nice feature, especially when you live in a tiny apartment with no room to do such activities with ease.

Its a beautiful Sunday - I plan to enjoy the great outdoors today!

No comments:

Post a Comment