Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today's the day

It is 6:45 a.m. - I'm awake and working on my first cup of coffee. I just got the DVR/cable box and remote ready to take to my car...in an hour or so I will venture forth to return the equipment to Comcast Cable.

This is huge for me...as earlier stated, I've been a television junky so not having tv is a big deal. I actually feel a sense of freedom - is that ridiculous? Hmmm...I don't think so.

Last night I said I think I shall miss sports and reality shows the most. This is true.

Sports is a big thing for me. I've followed sports for years - its the drama that gets me and I'm pretty sure I can stay connected via the internet.

The reality shows - they were melting my mind. Survivor...I started watching that when it first aired in 2000 and watched every single season since. Then there is Big Brother...talk about mind melting. I even paid to get the "live feeds" for a couple of seasons. Of course there was the Bachelor and eventually the Bachelorette, What Not to Wear, The Housewives of Orange County followed by The Housewives of New York, Atlanta, and most recently New Jersey. Of course, let us not forget Top Chef, Project Runway, and Dancing With the Stars. I even started watching the Miami Social Club, Dating in the Dark, and basically any reality show I could find.

I will keep the internet - my way of staying connected without the mind numbing trash seen on television. Who knows, maybe eventually I will get rid of that as well but that seems doubtful.

NPR will become a staple here at my house...I might learn something. I might even go back to school...maybe. Anything is possible - I suddenly have a ton of free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment