Friday, July 24, 2009

Giving Up Cable

I have to say they don't make it easy to quit. I called Comcast Cable today in hopes that someone would come out and unhook my cable, take all the equipment away and credit my account from this point forward. Whoa Nelly...not so fast...I have to disconnect the whole thing myself AND return the cable box and remote to Comcast Cable.

Uhhh...they can come to my place, deliver the goods, and hook everything up but they can't come and unhook it all and take it away? What? Why not? Heck, there is a Comcast truck here at my apartment complex almost every single day. What's the problem. Oh well ... so...

...tomorrow morning I will be the first in line - or at least close to the first to return the goods. They open at 9:00 a.m. No problem - I'm up long before that time - even on a Saturday.

I have been a television junky for many years but the other night when I found myself watching a show called Dance Your Ass Off I realized my mind was melting. I'm pretty sure there is something else far more constructive I can be doing besides watching tv.

I think I shall miss watching sports and reality shows the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment